Training last week went well. Monday, I ran 5 miles ... Tuesday, 6 miles ... and Thursday, 5 miles ... and Saturday 8 miles. All of the mid-week runs were pretty standard runs, either during my lunch break or after work, but my Saturday run was unique and worth writing about.
I was in Nashville over the weekend for a wedding shower and making final arrangements for the rehearsal dinner, so I had to find somewhere to run there. I found some information on the Nashville Striders website and got in touch with them regarding their local training runs. So Saturday morning, I met up with them at Shelby Park in E. Nashville. I ran the "Shelby Bottoms Loop", which is a scenic 8 mile out & back along the Cumberland River. The weather was perfect, roughly 50 degrees and there were about 200 runners out there. I met a few people out there and chatted about different races around the Nashville area. I always enjoy running new places and will definitely run out there again.
No comments:
Post a Comment