Training for the week of 2/5 - 2/12 was different than most, due to the fact that 3 out of the 4 runs were trail runs. Usually, I only trail run a couple of times per month, but this week it worked out where trail running was the best option.
On Monday, I took off work, and since I had time, I went up to Monte Sano and ran the S. Plateau loop. I parked about a half mile away from the hiker's parking lot, so that run ended up being 4.5 miles.
On Tuesday, I ran 7 miles on my lunch break.
On Thursday, I met up with a friend after work the cross country park in Huntsville, we ran the 3 mile loop and the 2 mile loop for a total of 5 miles. It was a perfect evening to run.
This Saturday, we had a long run scheduled, but since it was supposed to be in the 20's with a 20mph wind, we decided to run on the trails on Monte Sano to stay out of the wind. We were scheduled to run 13 miles, but did a 11 mile trail run instead. We parked at the barricades on Bankhead, took Mt. Mist Trail out to Goat Trail, took Goat Trail back to Keith Trail, went up through Super Cuts and Stone Cuts, and took Sinks Trail/Mt.Mist Trail back to the cars. It was FREEZING, but luckily we stayed out of most of the wind by staying in the woods. It sleeted and snowed while we were running, and when I got back to the car at 9:30, it was still only 26 degrees. This is one of my favorite runs, even though it's very exhausting with steep climbs and rocky terrain.
No comments:
Post a Comment